This job might no longer be available.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Engineer Program Manager, Contract
Location: Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Our office in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada is looking for a talented Technical Program Manager to support two teams responsible for building and supporting client applications. This role is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere, where you will leverage your passion to handle complexity head-on and build experiences that delight our users.
PlayStation Console Applications Team
PlayStation Console Applications make up the core of the PlayStation experience. With an extreme focus on quality, performance and delight, we provide applications central to the PlayStation brand that console users simply can’t live without.
Front-end Infrastructure Engineering & Operations
Front-end Infrastructure Engineering & Operations teams are responsible for building and supporting the CI/CD tools and systems used by our global front-end engineering teams. These tools and systems are essential to providing an amazing experience to millions of customers across a variety of devices and platforms including web, mobile, and our world class PlayStation consoles.
- This is a highly visible cross functional role; you will work collaboratively with leads from business, security and operations, product planning and program management to synthesize business needs, influence decision making, manage end-to-end services integration, and guide software engineering teams to understand guidelines and ensure successful releases.
- Inspire and help the team to build cutting-edge solutions and proactively bring new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table.
- Process Management – drive and manage best practices in software engineering, help create best practice guidelines, remove obstacles and help the team achieve high efficiencies in software development.
- Manage and coordinate multiple concurrent engineering programs simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Includes planning, executing and successfully delivering on concurrent engineering programs in conjunction with the technical leads/engineering management, and helping them to develop detailed schedules to meet product engineering goals.
- Manage risks and escalation procedures to ensure successful deliveries; participate in efforts to develop, improve and/or standardize procedures and processes.
- Lead cross-team architecture discussions to standardize design decisions across departments.
- Manage teams with different program practices – Agile, Kanban and SAFe.
- Manage inter-dependencies with other teams, negotiating and re-prioritizing as appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships across departments and groups in order to fully understand organizational needs.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience.
- The ideal candidate should have strong understanding of modern Web technologies and frameworks, and an appetite for learning and working on cutting edge technologies.
- Experience in building and managing desktop and mobile browser-based applications.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to influence engineering decision making.
- Strong Agile practitioner; experienced in leading fast-paced Agile development teams.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross functional relationships.
- Experience in source management tools like GitHub and task management tools like JIRA.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tooling.
- Understanding of security best practices and software development fundamentals is strongly recommended.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.