Engineering Manager- Game Knowledge
San Mateo, CA, United States
19 days ago
Roblox, Engineering Manager, Game Knowledge, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 29 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 1.9 million creators.
As a Engineering Manager, Game Knowledge , you’ll be in charge of driving personalization, recommendations, retrieval and content understanding across discovery surface areas. Your teams will be building the machine learning models, signals and systems, as well as the data engineering pipelines that drive engagement at Roblox. If you are an experienced technical and people leader with a passion for ML and data, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing discovery team.
- Battle ready: You have 2+ years of management experience, already managed 5+ engineers, built engineering teams from scratch and want to do it again.
- Experienced : You have 7+ years of experience driving machine learning and data engineering on teams with a proven track record of delivering impactful, elegant technical solutions at high scale. You have a MS or PhD in Computer Science with focus on Machine learning, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field or equivalent work experience, with strong Software Engineering background
- Knowledgeable : You have a deep understanding of modern machine learning approaches and data engineering technologies, can drive product development efforts via that understanding, measuring tradeoffs and bringing a team of engineers to consensus. You keep up with the industry trends and adopt them to problems at Roblox
- Charismatic : You enjoy working with and leading engineers, love to earn their respect and can help them to accomplish the impossible .
- Creative : You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard people and technical problems. You engage well with Product and can navigate an organization to drive clarity and impact.
- Build core teams in the discovery organization and lead them while they create new ML systems and models driving engagement for millions of users.
- Mentor engineers and team leads to make sure your team expertise grows over time.
- Work closely with your product partners to define the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering leaders to develop new and improved functionality, pipelines, and systems.
- Be guided by the company vision to put the Roblox community first and represent the company through thought leadership.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 29 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 130 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2017, Roblox was named to the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America for the second consecutive year.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.