25 days ago
Volley is the industry leader in voice entertainment, and develops some of the most popular products on Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps attract millions of users each month, and we're looking for a creative and thoughtful engineering manager to lead and grow our Media Products engineering team.
The Media Products team is responsible for all of Volley's media, broadcasting, and wellness offerings— including Volley FM
, Bedtime Stories
, as well as a brand new unannounced project. In this role you would oversee the development of new voice experiences (and accompanying web UIs), engage with our content creation partners, and nurture an energetic, diverse team from non-traditional backgrounds. Mentorship, career development, and code review are a must for this role!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead Volley's media engineering team as you build and scale products out to millions of users
- Collaborate with UX experts, designers, and data analysts to deliver best-in-class voice-controlled products
- Manage a varied product roadmap while prioritizing the wellness and work-life balance of your team
- Take on engineers from bootcamps and other non-traditional paths. You will guide them through their very first tech job— providing career advice, technical guidance, and code review along the way
- Collaborate with our head of recruiting to manage Volley's talent pipeline and grow the team
- Report directly to the VP of Engineering and become a key technical leader within the company
Things you may have done before
- Lead and scaled a top-tier engineering team (or managed a smaller team, and you're ready to take the next step!)
- Partnered closely with a design team to rapidly iterate on a new product
- Built consumer-facing mobile or web apps at scale
- Worked with audio, voice, or other emerging technologies
- Volley's own custom-built engine, designed by a rocket scientist :-)
- ECS & Docker
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace, and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. Volley will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation please let us know! Send an email to Gaby Caliendo: email@example.com
We're currently working remotely on Zoom. In the next 6 months we plan to return to our beautiful office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. In the meantime, we have amazing remote Happy Hours and team game nights, and a VERY active cooking channel in Slack. Join us!