9 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Creators are the backbone of Twitch, and they rely on their ability to earn a living doing what they love. As an Engineering Leader focused on growing creators' revenue, you will lead people to build products, features and experiences that ensure such a living. You will be empowered to work across the stack and throughout the company. You will take high ownership of your services - building and operating them. You will partner with other engineering leaders, product managers, designers, data specialists and program managers to find solutions.
- You lead a team of engineers to design, build and operate full stack web applications
- You establish a clear vision for your team and generate urgency to deliver for our customers
- Your people development radar is always on; You articulate behaviors and impacts that can grow careers
- You quickly dissect the nuances of trade-offs, making conscious choices and overcoming challenges
- You constructively parse, ingest, challenge and reframe proposals / plans for the better
- You adjust gracefully to change while maintaining team focus
- Solid understanding of how to architect distributed applications at scale using AWS Cloud Components
- Ability to to attract, hire and retain engineering talent
- Willingness to accept feedback from teammates
- Track record of leading teams to design, implement and operate consumer-facing applications
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience as a Sr. Engineer developing and operating distributed applications
- Familiarity with Twitch, either as a viewer or creator (or both!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.