8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
What you'll be doing:
We're looking for proven technical ability, demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You own the technology stack the applications are delivered on making sure they are up to date, appropriate and you effortlessly balance the need for continuous business delivery with engineering innovation.
You will act as a mentor and guide to the team and cultivate a culture of continuous learning and growth across your teams, whilst encouraging autonomy and ownership within teams. You empower and help guide the development of everyone, and work with your engineers to see opportunities to help them grow their careers and skillsets. You foster a positive and productive team culture to ensure your engineers remain focused on consistently delivering quality software.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring, and encouraging a dedicated team of Software engineers to architect, build, deploy, and support best-in-class software services that are always available to provide the best experience for our customers
- Building and developing high energy, committed, motivated engineering teams focusing on innovation, engineering, and operational excellence to deliver exceptional business results.
- Working with and supporting our teams to develop DevOps capabilities and achieve a step change in performance through innovation
- Define and maintain the best team structures, aligned to a culture of “small autonomous agile teams”
- Promote and prioritise engineering standard methodology (the “how” of achieving the business goal) across all engineering teams, so we have a clear direction for improvement
- Champion Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Support the professional goals and development opportunities for the engineering team
- Provide coaching (internal and external development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-ones) keeping everyone on the career trajectory they want to be on
- Plan and execute (or secure) relevant training for the team
- Counsel as needed (including PIPs and other corrective/disciplinary actions)
What we’re looking for:
- A great teammate with a good level of self-motivation, initiative, and energy who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions
- Consistent track record of building and leading high performing engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience of working using agile engineering practices and the last five years’ working with cloud technologies (ideally AWS) embracing DevOps practices
- An analytic problem solver with a strong sense of autonomy, but with an open collaborative approach to getting the job done
- An experienced leader with a reputation for thought leadership, strategic thinking and with a strong technical background, you have opinions on what works and what doesn’t based on your experience
- Able to get your hands “dirty” from time to time with the team
- Extensive experience leading complex application design and development
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanour
Have professional experience in some of the following or similar tools and technologies:
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Building/Querying API’s (e.g. GraphQL)
- Server-side Languages (e.g. Java, Python, Go)
- Application frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Database Technologies (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- CI/CD – (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Git, Jira and Confluence
Any exposure to the following would be advantageous:
- AWS Services (SNS, SQS, Lambda)
- Event-driven applications (Kafka, Solace)
- Microservices and Micro Frontends
- DevOps Experience
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.