1 month ago
Lingokids' mission is to help 100 million families worldwide raise amazing kids through playlearning™.
Through play and interactive technology, Lingokids delivers premium, modern learning through educational subjects and life skills so kids can thrive as confident, conscious, resilient, lifelong learners — ready for school and today’s ever-changing world.
To help us on this mission, we’re looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to join our team
Are you ready for Playlearning?™
The Engineering Manager role at Lingokids is responsible for the well-being and productivity of our Existing User Monetisation team. While you won’t be coding day-to-day, we expect you to be highly technical and skilled at product development to support and grow our engineers.
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers, enabling their day-to-day work and ensuring their professional development.
- Provide support to engineers within the team: helping to scope and prioritise work, mentoring, assisting in resolving blockers, and arbitrating any technical disputes.
- Take accountability for the team’s delivery and ensure they are performing effectively by reliably shipping a quality product.
- Collaborate closely with the team’s Product Manager, Designer and other stakeholders to ensure that we’re building the right things.
- Support the team’s Engineers to ensure the tech strategy exists and is prioritised, that the system is maintainable and tech debt managed
- Guide engineers towards practical, incremental designs that can garner useful external feedback quickly, without compromising on the long-term flexibility of the system.
- Assist the team in setting, tracking and achieving measurable goals which align with the company strategy.
- Maintain morale and strong engineering culture, ensuring wellbeing and retention within your team.
- Attract candidates and grow the team through hiring. Improve our hiring practices and processes.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open-mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavour.
You should have:
- The ability to manage and lead with empathy, supporting those on your team to achieve their best. You are a Servant Leader.
- Experience managing and leading a team of 4+ engineers.
- The ability to attract, hire and retain top engineering talent
- A strong technical track record as an individual contributor and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner with people from different disciplines within the organisation.
- A good understanding of how a business operates and the ability to reason about tradeoffs.
- Experience working within a large-scale consumer product is preferable but not required.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team, and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates, but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently.
You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. We have become a fully remote company so, we believe that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
Experience working closely with non-technical stakeholders to refine requirements and bring them to life is a must.
Life at Lingokids
🏡 Remote working: you can choose to work remotely from within your country or visit our offices if you live in Madrid.
⚖️ Flexible hours and work-life balance: we care about the results you bring to the team. 9 to 6 and constant commuting is not for us either.
📈 Stock options: joining Lingokids means you can choose to own part of the company.
🌍 Visa sponsorship: if you need a visa to work in the EU, Lingokids will assist you during the visa process, costs included.
📚 Professional growth: up to €2.000 per year for conferences, books, and training.
💬 Language lessons: language learning is what we’re all about! We’ll cover language classes for you to learn Spanish, English or Portuguese.
🩺 Health care: we have optional health insurance as flexible retribution and 4 online therapy sessions for free to help your self-awareness and wellbeing.
💳 Flexible compensation: you'll be able to include your monthly expenses in meals and transportations into your payroll.
🍲 Meal allowances: every month, you will receive a 60€ voucher for you to spend on the restaurants and food delivery services you like the most.
🖥 Home office setup: you'll have a 400€ voucher to set up your home office and a 35€ monthly allowance for remote expenses.
🙌 Feedback culture: feedback is the breakfast of champions, and we take it seriously! We have a real-time and honest feedback culture, and a formal 360º assessment every 6 months.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.