Engineering Manager, Video Data Intelligence
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Data is central to the Twitch Video Platforms decision-making process, and building the infrastructure to support this is critical to enable data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As data infrastructure manager on the Video Platform, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining the infrastructure and tools that allow us to scale analytics, and support our growing business, leading the way for high quality , high velocity decisions.
For this role we are looking for a data infrastructure engineer to join the Video Intelligence team. The Video Intelligence team enables data driven decision making inside the Video Organization at twitch. Building world class data infrastructure and assisting the rest of the Video organization in building and running one of the worlds largest video platforms.
- Designing, building , and running the data infrastructure to support the Video organizations growing data needs.
- Promoting best practices, and improving the quality of the internal data products inside the video organization.
- Suggesting , and defending solutions to make the video data platform best in class .
- Mentoring and growing your team, allowing them to do their best work .
- 3+ years of managing engineers, and managing stakeholders .
- 5+ years of experience building large scale reliable data backends, in collaboration with diverse stakeholders .
- Experience distilling complex requirements into scalable solutions.
- Experience promoting best practices by example, and mentoring junior engineers.
- Working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, Redshift etc.
- Experience working with GoLang, Apache Spark, or Apache Flink architectures
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.