Engineering Manager - Recommendation Products
1 month ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
The Twitch service is growing at rapid clip, connecting millions of creators with millions of viewers. Connecting the right viewers to the right creators helps build the community and strengthens the service. A large part of this discovery is guided by Machine Learning (ML) based recommendation systems. Twitch is looking for a Technical Manager to lead our Recommendations Products team. As the Manager, you will lead the development of next-generation recommendation systems using state-of-the-art in machine learning (ML) with an outstanding team of engineers and scientists, and report to the Director of Recommendations. You will use your experience managing a team and scalable processes to help grow your team's impact and scope, and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered with high-quality . You will work cross-team with product and program leadership, and will see your work used to power discovery products across Twitch. You will work towards helping Twitch viewers and content creators build thriving communities by helping viewers find relevant content and helping creators get discovered.
- Lead a science & engineering team to build quality software with accurate timelines
- Develop engineers and scientists with a focus on technical development and positive team culture
- Define the technical strategy for recommendations products and manage execution
- Participate in road mapping, goal setting, and regular reporting of progress
- Design solutions and tools to alleviate customer pain points
- Communicate clearly with peer teams and Twitch leadership
- 1+ years as an Engineering/Science Manager in a consumer products focused company
- 5+ years of overall technical experience , including design and implementation of data centric production systems or ML projects
- Experience in attracting, hiring, growing and retaining engineering talent
- Willingness to accept feedback from teammates
- Experience leading teams to design, implement and operate consumer-facing applications
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- Experience in explaining technical concepts to senior leadership and to non-technical audiences
- Experience building B2C (business to consumer) products
- Worked in or led machine learning teams
- Advanced knowledge of Amazon Web Services AWS and big data analytics technologies
- Experience in designing, building and rolling out recommendation algorithms and systems to users
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.