Engineering Manager - Payments
7 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The services we create for our users have deep, lasting effects on their lives. For many of our partnered broadcasters, streaming on Twitch is a career, and our payment systems are central to making this possible. We're operating at a massive scale and you'll scale solutions that are unique and outstanding.
As the development manager, you will have technical ownership of important components, and the customer experience for our Payments platform. You'll lead an accomplished team of engineers to create new ways to maintain a high velocity delivery of features from our product roadmap with utmost quality. You will help guide building of the Next-gen payments platform which requires creative engineering balanced with quality and customer focus.
You will report to Senior Engineer Manager and work with the individual contributors on your team, along with data science, product management, product marketing, DevOps and, engineering leaders to build well-engineered products that delight customers and meet the test of engineering craftsmanship. You will also bring in experience to refine development processes and motivate your team to make a difference.
- Lead a team of engineers to build full stack web systems and influence technical direction.
- Build trust and foster a collaborative team culture of engineering excellence.
- Hire and develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- Strategize and influence product vision and roadmap in collaboration with the product management, UX and Data science teams.
- Exemplify the highest standards of operational excellence and platform quality.
- Recommend and help implement high-quality product development processes.
- 5+ years of technical experience building web services, cloud infrastructure and system design.
- 2+ years of technical management experience.
- Experience hiring and developing engineering talent.
- Exceptional customer obsession and strong focus on delivering high quality software.
- Experience building Commerce or Payments systems.
- Familiarity with Twitch, either as a viewer or creator.
- Strong business acumen and technical vision.
- Experience using Golang, React or AWS services.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.