This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager - Monopoly GO!
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our game Monopoly GO! team in Seville.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing, and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games enjoyed by millions of players. The team is based in Europe and the US and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a team of engineers in the design and development of a top-grossing mobile game built in Unity, with the backend written in C#.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of a top grossing mobile game built in Unity with a C# backend
- Ensure the team has growth plans in place and that they have the adequate training necessary to do their job
- Foster a positive team culture, providing support, guidance, and mentoring to promote employee growth and development
- Manage the team's development processes, including code reviews and deployment procedures
- Communicate with other development pods to ensure that new features being developed are widely known and accounted for
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and on budget
- Work closely with other department managers to ensure that all aspects of the product development lifecycle are aligned with company goals and objectives
- Stay current with industry trends and technologies, identifying opportunities to improve the product and development processes
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in leading and managing a team of engineers, preferably in a games industry
- Strong people management skills, with a passion for employee growth and development
- Experience in software development, preferably with a strong understanding of C# and Unity
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and performance optimization
- In-depth understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- If you fit the requirements and have the passion to lead a team of talented engineers to deliver a top grossing mobile game, then we look forward to receiving your application
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.