Engineering Manager- Microservice Platform
12 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Engineering Manager, Microservice Platform
As an engineering manager of the Microservice Platform Team , you will be responsible for our internal platform SDKs and Frameworks. With hundreds of thousands of containers spawned across public and private cloud, our goal is to provide solutions to ship and operate software, fast and reliably, at Roblox scale. While designing the foundation of our Distributed Systems and Infrastructure, we leverage Cloud Native technologies that support the company's ambitious goals.
With millions of concurrent players around the globe, and hundreds of millions of monthly active users, we face unparalleled challenges that only a handful of companies do.
This team is responsible for Roblox’s internal code generation pipelines and platform frameworks for HTTP and gRPC. This represents the ensemble of shared libraries running in our containerized environments across multiple programming languages.
This is an opportunity to deeply impact all Roblox Engineering. As a Manager, you will help your team ship high performance libraries that will run on millions of containers that form Roblox Cloud.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Passionate about high performance code and SDKs.
- Product focused and customer oriented
- Strong empathy for engineering problems
- Able to contribute to architecture and implementation discussions across platforms
- Experienced, with 4+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Technically competent and have performed at a high level as an IC in the past
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar