Engineering Manager, Metagame Systems - Legends of Runeterra
Los Angeles, California, United States
12 days ago
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As an Engineering Manager on the Legends of Runeterra team, you will help lead the delivery of new features and content to live, game-as-a-service Collectible Card Game (CCG) on PC and Mobile. As a leader on our Metagame Systems team (MGS), you will concentrate on Player Personalization, Collection management, Events, and all the features around the game that make CCGs tick.
- You will act as both Technology Leader and People Manager for a group of 4-8 engineers
- You will participate in discussions about our product vision and ensure that vision is clear to your team(s).
- You should know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- Communication is essential. Your tone is positive and productive. It’s up to you to surface issues, opportunities, wins, and address them head-on.
- You will establish teams that are balanced, functional and strongly aligned with Riot values.
- You will help ensure our teams are healthy. We want team members to be motivated, encouraged, and perform well.
- Team member growth is essential. Where do people want to grow? What role is next for them? How can we help them to get there? We will hold them accountable for getting there while providing mentorship, coaching, and support.
- You can handle tension within and around the team. This could mean keeping a calm head, helping resolve conflicts or responding to emergent issues.
- Experience directly leading an engineering team.
- 3+ years experience in an engineering role
- Strong understanding of team mechanics for game development
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Current experience with object-oriented languages.
- Delivered games across multiple platforms.
- Worked with popular game engines.
- Highly valued specialized experience includes
- Unity Development
- Running a live Game-as-a-Service
- UI and UX implementation
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).