Engineering Manager (Marketplace) , Defence
12 days ago
The Marketplace team is responsible for the construction, extension, and maintenance of the SKYRAL Marketplace. This is a collaborative location where civil and private agencies interact to construct state-of-the-art synthetic environments to advance the common good. A good analogy would be the Unreal Marketplace, which combines assets, projects, tools, and services that interact to facilitate the user. This is a complex undertaking, with important security implications, different offerings per user, and layers of interaction.
Areas for Impact
- You will help build and manage an engineering team of roughly 5-8 engineers (with the future potential for additional growth and potential subdivision).
- You mentor and grow your engineers both technically and careerwise.
- You will facilitate good engineering practices to create a mature and predictable cycle of high quality delivery.
- You will prioritise and direct tasking to maximise the strategic impact of the work being done.
- You will utilise your understanding of E-Commerce construction to help guide your team to the best technology and solutions.
- You will use your strong communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external teams.
- You will collaborate with other EMs and Senior SWEs/Principals to determine the strategic direction and long-term viability of your software architecture, raising and tracking dependencies both from a business and technology standpoint.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have a proven track record of building high functioning teams, recognising that you are an enabler for others to be successful.
- You have been instrumental to the delivery of at least one significant Ecommerce platform, and can express and make good tradeoffs about the choices therein.
- You’ve come from an engineering background, giving you a thorough understanding of the tools and environment that your team will be using. Note that this is not a hands-on coding job, but this knowledge will facilitate your mastery of the problem space.
- You have a deep understanding of web security.
- You are comfortable making estimates, refining them, and providing good communication about the challenges and successes of your team as it proceeds
- You’re considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.