Engineering Manager - Live Infra Team
13 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As an engineering manager in the live infrastructure team, you will build and operate essential infrastructure and services which power the discover and watch experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for a passionate engineering manager who is excited to solve problems at massive scale in a fast-paced and dynamic environment .
You will lead an eager and talented team of engineers to map and describe the universe of content at Twitch, then work with product and partner engineering teams to build innovative and powerful discovery experiences for Twitch's viewer base to explore that universe. You will coach and develop your team, supporting them in pursuit of their career goals. If you're a strong technical leader with a passion for developing robust technical systems and the teams that build them, then this is the job for you!
- Manage a software engineering team that designs, builds, and maintains services and products that map the ever-growing universe of live content at Twitch (follows graph, live catalog, stream tags , etc )
- Accelerate career development and foster exceptional engineering talent
- Manage robust and highly scalable systems in order to stay ahead of rapidly growing demand
- Set goals and strategies for developing, launching, and operating large-scale web based services
- Work closely with product managers and other cross-functional partners to plan, schedule, and deliver high-impact projects
- Manage collaboration with other teams at Twitch to improve the viewer experience at Twitch
- Empathize with Twitch users and ship features to address their needs
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years engineering web-services at scale, at least 1 year managing a team
- Strong organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Sound technical judgment with solid coding ability
- Expertise in data analysis and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- Experience writing GO or React.js in production systems
- Hands on experience building and scaling services using Amazon Web Services
- You are a Twitch user yourself
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.