Engineering Manager - Internal Product Infrastructure
11 days ago
Discord is looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Manager to build and lead our dedicated Internal Product Infrastructure team. As the manager responsible for the Internal Products Infrastructure team reporting into our Engineering Tools Manager, you will have enormous impact by building scalable primitives and frameworks that can be effortlessly used to quickly ship internal products to engineering and non-engineering internal customers.
This team will democratize tools at Discord and will give every person an opportunity to make their ideas a reality. If you are motivated by building internal tools, working with internal customers, and have a passion for seeing others succeed, then read on!
If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of engaged engineers -- building autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Work with internal engineering teams, understand their pain points, and set a clear vision and roadmap to improve internal product development
- Rebuild and take ownership over our Admin Panel, the largest internal product surface at Discord
- Manage processes and use your technical expertise to improve the Engineering organization and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results
- Work with other Engineering Managers to improve the Engineering organization
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer building product
- You have 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager and successfully managed a team of 3+ Software Engineers
- You have experience working with many kinds of teams -- engineering, CX, Trust & Safety, ops, and more
- You are comfortable writing the roadmap -- not just following one
- You are passionate about coaching and leading other engineers, but love to code when the opportunity arises
- You get to the heart of issues and lead your team to come up with effective solutions
- You have worked with product managers and designers to ship product
- You have experience with change management and have delivered large projects affecting many teams
- You have experience with off-the-shelf platforms such as Backstage.io, Clutch.sh, and Retool
- You have experience hiring for fast-growing startups
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.