Engineering Manager, Games
6 days ago
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers and Technical Artists with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in resolving a wide variety of technical problems. We provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
For this role, you will be part of the Services team, where we work on interesting projects that require designing and implementing systems in or surrounding the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine. We have several ongoing projects (and many more in the pipeline!) Some of our past successes include helping Moon Studios achieve 60 FPS on their award-winning title Ori and the Will of the Wisps and bringing Unknown Worlds’s Subnautica to Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5.
In a nutshell: our team is asked to resolve challenging problems which require a level of expertise in the Unity platform that only Unity can help with.
As an Engineering Manager within Solutions Games, you will oversee the operation and delivery of multiple games projects. You will guide, mentor, coach and grow an outstanding technical team, while also helping our Sales Representatives with the assessment of new business opportunities.
As a highly distributed team, the role may involve occasional travel to other Unity offices in order to meet your reports or travel to customers’ offices primarily within your region.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical direction and leadership across a program of games projects
- Make decisions across engineering, quality, technology choices, organizational growth, resourcing and recruiting to help ship more games made with Unity
- Develop an outstanding engineering and development culture
- Support colleagues and business development teams to assist with pre-sales and qualification of opportunities
- Lead, develop and grow your colleagues to ensure they can achieve their potential at Unity
What we’re looking for
- Strong technical background in the development of real-time interactive applications (games, simulations, scientific visualization, architecture, manufacturing, etc.)
- Comfortable leading a team of software developers across multiple locations
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to interacting and explaining ideas to customers and executives that don’t possess a technical background
You might also have
- Experience leading multiple projects, using lean/agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban or XP.
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
- Experience as a Pre-sales Engineer and/or Solutions Architect
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.