Engineering Manager - Frostbite Animation & Cinematics
10 days ago
Engineering Manager – Frostbite Animation and Cinematics
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As Engineering Manager, you will be a leader in the Animation and Cinematics team, reporting to the Director of Engineering. You will ensure important project and engineering tasks are fulfilled. You will coach engineers on the team. You will work with other Frostbite leaders in solving challenges across teams. Our team within Frostbite oversees the development of the platform that all animation technologies within EA are built upon.
Animation and game development experience are not requirements for this position.
- You will coach engineers by providing positive and constructive feedback that guide their development
- You will recruit and grow the team
- You will help determine software development best practices
- You will work with the Technical Director and Product Manager to ensure production work has a well-defined design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood
- You will work with Project manager to help build solid plans and track the progress of commitments
- You will work with important partners in Frostbite to promote changes across the organization
- 3+ experience managing engineers in high-tech industry
- 5+ technical experience that enables you to coach engineers
- Believe in servant leadership and understand the value of a healthy work environment
- Enjoy working in a learning culture with a collaborative attitude
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related academic program
- Experience working with C++/C#, data-driven design, and software architecture
- Experience with complex codebase
- Knowledge or experience in game engine development
- Passion for video games