Engineering Manager - Experimentation Platform
6 days ago
Part of the central Data Platform organization, the Experimentation Platform team focuses on making product experimentation faster and more robust for Discord. We develop and operate an end-to-end platform that is leveraged by our Machine Learning, Analytics, Engineering and Product partners. We are looking for an experienced leader who can help build Discord's next generation experimentation platform. Our work is foundational to company and product strategy — to learn more about Discord Engineering in general, read our engineering blog here! If the above sounds exciting to you, read on!.
What you will do
- Design, build, and support Discord's internal experimentation platform.
- Attract, support, grow, and retain engineers.
- Drive the technical and strategic vision of the team, and help translate day-to-day issues into coherent and robust systems.
- Collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- Plan and prioritize the team's roadmap, and champion team projects internally.
- Cultivate a strong engineering culture, responsible for delivering business results with the right quality and in a timely fashion.
- Understand and influence product telemetry practices to support experimentation needs.
What you have
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry experience, with at least 3 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Extensive experience with A/B testing and experimentation platforms, either through building and supporting the platform or running experiments.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with leaders in product, data science, and engineering.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- You are passionate about coaching and leading other engineers, but secretly love to roll up your sleeves and get elbow deep in code when the opportunities arise.
- You have experience building and deploying large-scale distributed systems in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala.
- Experience with and/or exposure to a variety of datastores (relational, NoSQL, data warehouse solutions).
- Experience with cloud-computing platforms such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Experience with modern data processing stacks.
- Full-stack development or product engineering experience.
- Deep understanding of statistics, data science, or large scale data processing.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.