This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager - Discovery Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
3 months ago
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As an engineering manager in the discovery infrastructure team, you will have ownership of Twitch’s highly available and distributed services, which support discovery experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for a passionate engineering manager who is excited to solve problems at scale in a fast-paced and growing environment.
You will collaborate with product and partner manager teams to build thoughtful discovery experiences for Twitch’s viewer base. You will lead an accomplished team of engineers to scale existing systems and create new ones. You will mentor and develop your team and work with them to support their career goals.
At Twitch, which now is part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, pioneering environment in the heart of San Francisco, while applying the resources of Amazon.
- Manage a software engineering team that designs and maintains backends for Twitch’s discovery products and related services
- Manage highly scalable systems to stay ahead of the exponentially growing demand
- Set goals and strategies for deploying large-scale web based services
- Guide and establish best engineering practices through operational excellence principles, architectural decisions, processes, and tools
- Provide leadership and career development for your engineering team
- Manage collaboration with diverse Engineering teams to refine and improve the discovery experience at Twitch
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software development experience designing and building web based scalable services
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management
- Accomplished organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Experience building applications or web services at scale
- MS in CS or related field
- Guide engineers to achieve high quality technology products/services
- Expertise in problem resolution and analyzing large scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of GO programming and its ecosystem for production ready systems
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with iterative, agile development methodologies (including scrum)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin
and on our Blog
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.