Director of Tools and Technology
5 months ago
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are seeking an experienced software leader from the games industry to join our development efforts on the award-winning NBA 2K franchise on the Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, and PC platforms. Within this role, you’ll build and lead a successful tools and technology team providing automation and infrastructure, working alongside production and development teams in a fast and creative atmosphere. Candidates should have proven, direct people management experience with a passion for gaming and who are always one step ahead in content pipelines, development processes, and release management. For this role, we will value strong management, leadership, and fundamental software engineering skills. We also place a lot of importance on individuals being self-motivated and self-directed.
What You Will Do:
- Build a strong tools and technology team comprised of a mixture of internal and external resources
- Work with the production team, development team, and other stakeholders to gather requirements
- Spearhead improvements in production and development pipelines, delivering solutions to increase studio productivity
- Oversee build processes and automation while identifying opportunities for improvement and developing plans to address them
- Directly manage managers and engineers, developing them into strong contributors and leaders
- Maintain hands-on ability at the code level to aid decision making, risk management, and mentoring
- Interface with external groups across Visual Concepts and our partners to provide integration support, strategy, and direction
- Set team standards and best practices for documentation and programming
- Maintain a strong collaborative work relationship with fellow developers across engineering, art, design, production, DevOps, and QA.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps lead or manager
- 5+ years’ experience in game programming for current-gen consoles (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, XBox Series X, Switch)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize well and drive a high level of focus and excellence within a team
- Superb understanding of modern virtualization, automation, and game development fundamentals (including containers/orchestration (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.), version control (Helix/Perforce), platforms and services (Visual Studio, Jenkins, etc.), and several programming languages (including Python, C++, and Perl)
- Demonstrated passion for efficiency across studio developer domains (art, engineering, design, production, and QA)
- Self-motivated attitude with an ability to carry ideas from inception to completion
- Passion for managing and growing engineers and leaders
- Experience with AAA games
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Expertise supporting recent generation game console and mobile app development
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.