Engineering Manager - Creator Ecosystems
2 months ago
Discord is actively investing in our creators who bring delight to all of our users through the communities they start and the bots they build. Their passion for our communities and their members have led to most servers relying on bots and dedicated admins. We want to make sure that these creators can sustainably invest their time and energy in Discord as a platform by building features and tools that directly serve their needs.
Discord is looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Manager to help us define the future of how creators can thrive across all of Discord. As a manager reporting to the Director of Creator Ecosystems, you will have significant leadership opportunities to grow the team, define the long-term roadmap, and influence the way Discord invests in creators.
What you'll be doing
- Build and lead a team of high-engaged engineers through hiring and coaching
- Partner with product to create and drive the vision and roadmap for how Discord will support creators for years to come
- Develop and improve processes to help your team deliver high impact results that help both Discord and our creators
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers to continuously improve the Engineering organization and uphold our workplace philosophy
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You have 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager and have successfully managed a team of 5+ Software Engineers
- You're a mentor, storyteller, and you're great at coordinating with a variety of teams throughout the company
- You excel in undefined environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex technical challenges, and then building them
- You enjoy coming up with pragmatic solutions to concrete problems using first principles thinking
- You are passionate about coaching and leading other engineers, but love to code when the opportunity arises
- You have strong open-source leadership or contributions
- You have worked on products for community leaders or influencers
- You have built and managed your own bots on Discord or other platforms
- You have experience hiring for fast-growing startups
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. We created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.