This job might no longer be available.
Engineering Manager (350)
Royal Leamington Spa England gb
6 months ago
Elevate profile of the Engineering Discipline consistently across both Studios and the wider Ubisoft group whilst ensuring optimal staffing, development, growth within the team and maximising talent retention.
- Be the direct Line Manager for Leads and Secondary Manager for other members of the discipline, across the Studio;
- Have regular one to ones with Leads in conversation with Directors and Producers;
- Attend and input into project staffing/FTE meetings;
- Ensure effective succession planning to facilitate Studio staffing and strategy requirements;
- Champion best practices and levelling up the discipline as a whole;
- Stay abreast of trends in the discipline and setting up suitable sharing/training programs;
- Work with HR and project teams to ensure a consistent and comprehensive onboarding programme for all;
- Participate in all discipline specific interviews collating feedback and acting as primary hiring manager;
- Meet monthly with the Resource and Development Manager to map out current skill sets and future potential within the Discipline as well as identifying key talent;
- Work with Learning & Development to identify core skills development and soft skill training needs;
- Identify opportunities for team members to attend external events and conferences both as a representative of Ubisoft and a delegate;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and highlight key risks or skill gaps with team members;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Support HR in the Salary and Performance Review process;
- Any other ad hoc tasks when required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive, autonomous and self-driven approach to work with demonstrable application of initiative;
- Ability to accept and deliver feedback and adapt to change;
- Originality and resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Up-to-date knowledge on current and emerging trends in visual communication;
- The ability to travel frequently and regularly (a minimum of 6 days over 2 trips per month) between Reflections and Leamington as well as other Studios in the Ubisoft Group as required;
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- 10 years’ minimum experience as a Software Engineer with a preference for Video Games engineering;
- 5 years’ minimum experience as in a lead/management role or other relevant experience;
- Robust understanding of computer and software architecture;
- Significant experience with object oriented programming languages;
- Experience working on multi-site projects and/or studios essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.