6 days ago
Crystal Dynamics is constantly seeking the best gaming talent worldwide to add to our 30-plus year legacy of AAAA game development creating new and iconic franchises. We are committed to making great games with great people and living the dream while doing it.
Benefits for our full-time positions include, but are not limited to, a competitive regional salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options, professional development reimbursement perk, flexible hybrid on-site/off-site work opportunities, 12 company paid holidays, plus additional paid days in December when the studio is closed for holiday break, and the ability to accrue weeks of personal paid time-off.
Join us and shape the future of an amazing studio culture committed to creating award-winning franchises like Tomb Raider, the next Perfect Dark , and more!
We’re looking for a Lead Engineer! As part of our dynamic team, you'll play a critical role in shaping our AAA game projects, utilizing your engineering knowledge and drive for gaming excellence. This is your platform to merge innovation with passion, guiding a team of professionals in creating memorable gaming experiences.
As a Lead Engineer, you will:
- Coordinate with the Technical Director, ensuring alignment in systems development for optimization and performance.
- Partner with design teams to turn game ideas into tangible systems and functions.
- Provide technical guidance for our engineering team internally and externally.
- Conduct thorough code assessments, imparting knowledge and uplifting the team's technical expertise.
- Address and mitigate technical challenges, always seeking inventive approaches to keep the momentum going.
- Meet with Project Leaders to ensure our technical direction complements the project's objectives.
- Stay updated on the gaming industry's evolution, contemplating how the latest trends can benefit our projects.
- Forge and maintain partnerships with our external collaborators, streamlining procedures for build reviews and establishing efficient build pipelines.
To be considered for this role, we require the following:
- Substantial professional experience as a Lead Engineer (or equivalent) in the game development industry, having managed high performing technical teams (either internal or external) to create high-quality console titles.
- Experience contributing to and leading the technical development of projects, consistently delivering excellent results within defined timelines.
- Strong understanding of C++ programming and Unreal Engine.
- Show a strong understanding of game engine's architecture, gameplay systems, and tools.
- Exhibit excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to tackle complex technical challenges and devise innovative solutions.
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills, with the knack for effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical team members and stakeholders.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Played a considerable role in crafting popular 3rd Person Action-Adventure games.
- Previously managed technical leaders, highlighting your capability to lead frontrunners.
It'll be a bonus, if you also have:
- Shipped a successful AAA game title in a Lead role or higher.
The pay range for this role includes the annual base salary, not including bonus and the generous benefits package that Crystal Dynamics provides all full-time employees. Individual compensation is determined by work location within our approved states, as well as additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education. Your recruiter will be able to share more information about total compensation.
$185,000 — $220,000 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Not sure if you are qualified? We hope that you will still choose to apply so we may review your application!
Crystal Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand Crystal Dynamics’s Privacy Notice available at https://www.crystald.com/legal/privacy/.