Engineering Lead, Operate Labs
16 days ago
You are an engineering lead with a passion for growing teams and enabling efficient research and development processes. You love being a part of the game industry and get joy from empowering creators to make amazing and innovative content. In this role you will use your expertise in building Unity tools, machine learning products, and/or domain specific modeling languages to shape the future of game design and development. You will be joining the Research Labs team composed of talented folks in search of new cutting-edge methods to author content and help storytellers.
You and the team will come up with novel ways of connecting game design and development in a way that enables game designers to control the game system and economy design all the way from the idea to actual implementation and live game. Your contribution ensures that our users are able to model and simulate the game system they are about to develop, connect it with the game and collect the right data from their game to feed that information back into the game's design to optimize it further by utilizing latest machine learning technologies. In the end, we want our customers to create better experiences for their players.
- Directly contribute to the architecture and development of the product. Create an environment of continuous experimentation with a path to high quality feature releases
- Lead an international software engineering team with a focus on advanced research and development
- Drive the technical and product vision with the team and its customers to radically transform how games will be created and played in the future
- Keep the team focused on shipping value with high velocity, and balance it with raising the bar for quality
- Continuously improve the engineering processes and practices to fit with each stage of the product life cycle
- Develop a strong and supportive leadership culture helping your team members to grow personally and professionally
- Experience in leading software development teams on a wide variety of technologies
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluent in C# or another statically typed language
- Ability to convey your ideas clearly across the organization and influence people for alignment
- Experience in attracting, growing and retaining top talent
- Quality-driven mindset
- Understanding of machine learning, from concepts to implementation
- Expertise in developing domain-specific languages and editors
- Experience in building products from the scratch and successfully launching them to the market
- Expertise in game development
- A passion for gaming, game design or products within the gaming space
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.