Engineering Lead - Online
9 days ago
Epic Games is growing and is looking for Online Service Team Leads to join our mission in delivering free, cross-platform game services for all developers. This role will help guide the future of the online platform that powers our games, such as Fortnite, Rocket League and Fall Guys, the Unreal Engine, the Epic Games Store and the Epic Online Services. Epic believes in an open, integrated gaming community and this opportunity is to help us build just that on a global scale.
The Online Service Team Lead will support a team of Software Engineers in providing developers the infrastructure and tools currently powering the entire Epic online platform to create game experiences like never before. In order to accomplish this it requires a team including Testers, Analysts and other disciplines. A successful candidate will be able to work across all the various functions to achieve their goals. The Online services team is a collaborative environment and a successful candidate will help to foster an open, supportive culture in which everyone can be successful and their authentic self. Learn more at https://dev.epicgames.com/
- Team Management - understanding strengths and opportunities for growth, surfacing opportunities for development
- Lead team in creating and operating online systems and solutions spanning backend services, Web app and SDKs
- Own technical design and drive implementation of robust, highly scalable online solutions
- Definition, delivery and ongoing improvement of SLAs for online services environment - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on call resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and defining expectations which translate to scope of work team can effectively deliver on
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
- 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Proven track record of guiding and developing teams delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
- Proven track record of guiding a team on operational excellence for distributed online solutions including system health, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Ability to management a team roadmap and update stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.