Engineering Internship (Summer 2021)
13 days ago
“Let’s build Cross-Reality together.” Statements like that are what drive and excite us here. If you’re interested in working alongside passionate game developers that are driving towards the next evolution of immersive gaming then you should join us. Survios , the foremost virtual reality game developer and pioneer of the future of immersive technologies, is seeking talented students to join our engineering teams for this summer’s paid internship program.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary.
The ideal candidate is currently attending or recently completed a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and has worked on teams to build projects using C++ in Unreal Engine 4.
In order to best evaluate your abilities and fit within our engineering team, we require applicants to submit source code that demonstrates the skills we are looking for . The submission is ideally in the form of a full project repository (eg. Github Link/Dropbox/Google Drive Link Containing Zip File). In the case of group projects, please specify which systems you were the major contributor for. In cases where there are concerns of sharing full source, we will accept a subsection of files that adequately cover a specific system that you were responsible for. Please post the link in the "Personal Website" Field.
Sample code requirements:
- Uses Unreal Engine 4.
- Is a C++ project. Core system logic is in C++.
- Healthy mix of Blueprints is still recommended, particularly as it pertains to cosmetics, UI, animation etc.
- Demonstrates your understanding of the various frameworks and tools that are available in Unreal Engine. For example:
- Use Behavior Trees for AI.
- Use UMG for UI.
- Demonstrates your ability to design and implement clean, modular and extensible systems.
- Bonus points:
- Networked multiplayer.
- Multiple types of enemy AI.
- Procedurally generating elements of the game or levels.
- Using a configuration- or data-driven approach.
- Is a VR project.
- Build and maintain tools and gameplay systems for upcoming unannounced projects.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that the systems we create suit the other department needs.
- Applicants must be currently attending or recently graduated from high school/secondary school or college.
- Must have a working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4. These will be the main development tools used during the course of the internship.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Hands-on experience developing projects for console platforms like PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
- Experience developing virtual reality games.
- Experience using Unreal Engine Gameplay Ability System, especially in an online multiplayer game.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with AI, animation, and physics.
Survios is at the forefront of VR game development and is pioneering the future of immersive technologies. Since inception, we have taken a holistic approach to virtual reality innovation, developing hardware, software, and games hand-in-hand to take VR to places that no one has dreamed possible. Survios offers a pet-friendly work environment with unlimited vacation time and a host of other perks and benefits to give our team everything we need to create unrivaled Active Virtual Reality experiences.