Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
San Mateo, CA, United States
2 months ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching over 100 million players across the globe every month!
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work® . We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As an Engineering Intern, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree.
- Adaptable and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A Coding Champion working towards mastery of one or more programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, Lua, Swift, C# or Java.
- Eager to Learn and want real-world exposure to industry-leading frameworks and libraries.
- Passionate about games, community driven content generation, and social networking.
- Tenacious about learning and creating a great experience as you work hard with your team to reach collective goals.
- Be embedded into a software engineering team with responsibility and deliverables
- Regularly ship code to production
- Own and present to leadership a summer internship project
- Work collaboratively with Roblox’s design, product, data, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Gain valuable and marketable experience helping to build one of the fastest growing software platforms in Silicon Valley
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 10 weeks