13 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an experienced engineering leader to direct the technical approach and execution across numerous projects and initiatives. They will be responsible for ensuring we have numerous engineering teams ready and capable of meeting any technical challenge that may arise, curating the staffing levels across the various engineering specializations, providing critical technical insight and feedback to the studio and supporting project planning from the engineering perspective.
In this role, you will
- Have the ability to align disparate audiences, both clarifying complex technical issues for non-engineering stakeholders and translating the needs of production and marketing for low-level developers
- Be able to articulate challenges, risks and trade-offs in a constructive way
- Ensure feature request requirements are clear, consistent, and achievable
- Regularly both manage and mentor engineering leads and individual contributors
- Communicate clearly and directly with no aversion to difficult conversations,
- Work with the Technical Director and Leads to establish and refine our development roadmap
- Communicate cross-discipline with Design, Art, UI, and Production to understand the goals and requirements of features to be implemented
What we're looking for
- A technical leader who excels at giving feedback and has demonstrated capabilities facilitating team success
- Experience in shipping AAA titles across multiple platforms
- Experience with the unique challenges of creating and maintaining large-scale, live, online multiplayer games, with a focus on advanced networking, real-time physics and dynamic, interoperating services
- Advanced C++ skill and experience with scripting languages, low level debugging and optimization
- Impeccable problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience collaborating with and managing relationships with both internal teams and external partners.
- Deep expertise with the product lifecycle for games, such as generating detailed technical requirements, assembling capable teams, executing on said requirements and building robust support systems to manage them
- Architecting and building solutions in multiple areas of expertise – Gameplay, Graphics, Audio, UI, Networking and Physics
- Passionate about personal development, taking advantage of opportunities to continuously improve
- Bachelor's degree in CS or other relevant technical field, 7+ years of game industry experience in an engineering role, and 3+ years in technical leadership roles, across multiple project/hardware cycles desired
California Base Pay Range
$191,268 — $280,526 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.