12 days ago
PeopleFun is a rapidly-growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and share a passion for building games. Our mission is to have as much fun creating the best family-friendly casual games in mobile as our customers have playing them. Our current portfolio of games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game.
About the Engineering Director Position
Peoplefun is looking for an Engineering Director who is the rare combination of a stand-out leader who has also been an established software developer, having that sixth sense for writing solid code. The Engineering Director will lead an already successful engineering organization that has experienced a great deal of recent growth, and will evolve and further grow it to meet the ambitious needs of a growing studio. The charter will be to consistently deliver professional code for an expanding portfolio of casual games used by many millions of players.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this engineering director position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Build and lead world-class mobile game engineering department..
- Work with product owners to marshal engineering resources to game teams.
- Attract and hire top engineering talent.
- Set and maintain high standards for development quality and velocity.
- Provide mentoring for continual improvement in design, coding, testing best practices, as well as effectively working in cross-functional teams.
- Identify and build other technical leaders in the company.
- Sit on the Tech Council, providing architectural and methodology thought leadership for the company.
- Know games, play our games as well as our competitors, contribute to game ideas.
- At least 10 years leading a game studio engineering department.
- Previous experience building a game engineering department.
- Must love games!
- Deep experience matching individual's unique strengths with the needs of each team.
- Ongoing understanding of the latest software development tools in the mobile game business.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with people at all levels and functions.
- Positive attitude with an eye towards seeing possibilities in all challenges.
- Understands “servant leadership” and the idea of succeeding through maximizing the success of the individuals on their team.
- Ability to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly.
- Ability to inspire engagement, instill accountability, and achieve results.
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Inclusive and family-friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-site gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual mobile device allowance
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.