At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games, services, or engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is growing and is looking for Online Service Team Leads to join our mission in delivering free, cross-platform game services for all developers. First announced in December 2018, Epic Online Services will release engagement services throughout 2021 that help developers launch, operate, and scale high-quality online games. Learn more at http://epic.gm/b0i6x
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for an Engineering Director who is passionate about developing world-class marketing and advertising solutions. You will be responsible for growing multiple teams of highly talented engineers who’ll be driving a variety of major projects. You will guide the teams of Software Engineers, Production, Analysts, and others in providing developers the infrastructure and tools currently powering Epic products to create interactive experiences like never before.
- Lead team in creating and operating online systems and solutions spanning backend services, Web app, and SDKs
- Own technical design and drive implementation of robust, highly scalable online solutions
- Definition, delivery, and ongoing improvement of SLAs for online services environment - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, on-call resolution
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and defining expectations which translate into a scope of work the team can effectively deliver on
- Team Management - understanding strengths and opportunities for growth, surfacing opportunities for development
- Ongoing, transparent communication with a focus on expectations fostering trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Deep knowledge and ability to drive best practices around industry standards including scalability, resiliency, security
- Experience with any advertising and/or marketing technologies (DSP, SSP, DMP, Ad Serving, RTB, CDP, CRM, ESP)
- 7+ years software engineering industry experience developing online systems with object-oriented oriented programming languages. Java preferred
- 5+ years of experience as an engineering leader
- Proven track record of guiding and developing teams delivering online solutions at scale leveraging industry best practices and standards
- Knowledge and understanding of system health, monitoring, and troubleshooting for distributed online solutions
- Experience recruiting, mentoring, and retaining talent
This is going to be Epic!