Engineering Director, Developer Productivity
13 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Your primary responsibility will be leadership of our Developer Productivity team with a focus on building a strong team with a growth mindset, setting and holding a high bar for quality, providing context and vision, and delivering impactful results. You will build strong relationships across engineering and product teams to ensure that we are providing the best possible experience for the developers who our using our cloud platforms.
In this role, you will
- Be accountable for providing a world-class development experience for Epic developers, allowing them to build, deploy, and manage online applications with high quality and minimal friction.
- Build, grow, and mentor an engineering team that balances technical expertise with customer focus and a growth mindset to deliver consistently.
- Partner closely with product management, software engineering, and cloud engineering teams to ensure that your roadmap is appropriately prioritized to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Maintain a high bar for the quality and operational health of the tools that your teams build and define the metrics used to measure the effectiveness of your systems.
- You will use your technical expertise to mentor engineers and provide leadership on resolving complex technical challenges.
What we're looking for
- A proven track record of leading high performing engineering teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across teams to understand technical and non-technical needs from diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of modern developer platforms and industry standards for developer tooling and practices.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, especially Amazon Web Services.
- An ability to drive a long term vision for improved developer productivity through continual iterative improvements.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.