Engineer in Charge, Broadcast Technical Operations (Contract)
13 days ago
Engineer in Charge, Broadcast Technical Operations (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
Our vision is to be EA Broadcast’s Center of excellence for Technical Operations, protecting integrity and providing availability across franchises through innovative technology ecosystems.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity - Mettle; Push the Envelope
- Ownership- Self Achievement Determination
- Passion - Enthusiastic Fortitude
- Collaboration - Highly Motivated Team Engagement
- Alchemy - Forge Progressively
EA is seeking an Engineer in Charge (EIC) who will be an outstanding addition to our Broadcast Technical Operations Team. If you have the willingness to learn new technologies, share knowledge, learn from others, and help build secure solutions by design, we are looking for you. Our teams are innovative, collaborative, diverse, and are taking technology into the future.
The Engineer in Charge (EIC) is an integral part of the Broadcast Engineering Team serving as the main Engineer on assigned projects. The primary responsibilities of the Engineer include managing the technical execution and crew to ensure a quality broadcast. Involved in the coordination and supervision of the entire production from a technical perspective; testing and certification of new installations or modifications, preventative maintenance, and emergency support. This role is challenging, technically critical, and constantly evolving. The Broadcast Engineer will work directly with the corresponding Technical Production Manager & Lead Technical Producer to deliver world-class productions.
● Serves as the lead engineer role on assigned remote, studio, and cloud productions responsible for formulating and implementing operating practices during production
● Schedules commitments to ensure plans are integrated and aligned to overall production timeline
● Work directly with Technical Production Manager to identify critical technical issues with production partners, in-house, and cloud deployments; develop an action plan outlining solutions
● Build shows from the ground up; including router configuration, signal flow troubleshooting, and working with various technicians to establish show requirements and turn them into executed solutions
● Create and review operational level SOP’s and signal flow drawings to ensure department repository of documentation is up to date
● Direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of equipment, including setup and breakdown, inventory, and proper use of equipment
● Operate, track, and report equipment in online management system, including repairs, maintenance and shipments
● Offer innovative, creative ideas that add value to the assigned projects
● Accurately prepare post show reports at the conclusion of each event and submit within 48 hours to Senior Technical Production Manager
● Clearly communicate critical information to Sr. Technical Production Manager including but not limited to: Equipment and crew related issues
● Other duties and tasks as assigned
● Leads planning, on-site management, resource allocation, and documentation of all aspects of assigned large-scale productions, including thorough post-show follow-up
● Establish and maintain relationships with Vendors, participate in show related conference calls, work to understand show needs, and ensure resources and staff are aligned to meet agreed upon expectations
● Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
● Work closely with Operations, Logistics, and Senior Management to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects
● Ability to manage a fluctuating workload with competing priorities in a constant pressure and deadline-driven environment
● Must have a passion for gaming, broadcast and live production
● Proficient working knowledge of broadcast technology and broadcast equipment
● Proficient computer/IT skills, including experience with networking, subnets, and IP configuration
● Comprehensive knowledge with Audio, visual, and graphy systems
● Proven skills in the maintenance and troubleshooting of production switchers, audio consoles, routing switchers, studio and ENG cameras, multi-viewers, and computer networking
● Demonstrate superior leadership qualities; work in a team-focused environment with fellow employees, office staff, vendors, and crews to manage, delegate and/or execute tasks, solve problems, and deliver a world-class product with ability to work independently
● Perform with a high level of professionalism at all times; expertly troubleshoot and deliver consistent sound judgment direction and guidance to others in high-pressure situations
● Work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
● Must be agile, strategic thinker and have strong organizational skills
● Must have a high level of self-motivation and technical aptitude
● 5 - 8+ years of experience in live broadcast engineering environment, with Master Control and Transmission experience preferred
● BA/BS degree; concentration in Communications, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering preferred
● Proven leader with the ability to delegate and lead teams effectively
● Prior experience with large scale project management jobs
● Advanced knowledge of various broadcast equipment
● Willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and travel periodically, flexibly, and internationally
● Airline travel required; possess or be willing to acquire a U.S. passport
Physical Job Requirements
● Must be able to walk or stand up to 8 hours at a time
● Ability to bend, squat, kneel on both knees, and climb stairs frequently
● Ability to lift up to 50 - 75 lbs. frequently
● Ability to carry 50 lbs. a distance of 50 feet occasionally
● Ability to pinch (10 lbs.) and grip (50 lbs.) related broadcast equipment
● Must be able to maintain a position within a space 3.5 - 4 feet tall up to 1 minute occasionally
● Ability to horizontally transfer 50 lbs. on a push-pull cart up to 50 feet
● Ability to vertically transfer 50 lbs. on a push-pull system with upper extremities only
● Ability to ascend and descend a ladder
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
CONTRACT POSITION - 8 MONTHS
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
The hourly pay ranges represent in good faith what applicants can expect to be paid for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $60 - $68
Candidates may also be eligible for applicable benefits.