This job might no longer be available.
6 months agoThe Generalist Engineer is responsible for building great code. As a Software Engineer at Blind Squirrel Games, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, and test and as part of the development team.
- Create high-performance, robust, maintainable code in a cross-platform environment
- Evaluate existing technology architectures
- Extend existing systems to meet long-term needs of ongoing development
- Understand the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features)
- Work with external development partners
- Adhere to team coding standards and practice
- Other duties may be assigned to accomplish company or department objectives
- Required to work independently and report to a manager
- Capable of working efficiently and productively with game artists, programmers, animators, sound designers, and the rest of the game development team
- Experience with the current PC development process
• Fluent in C/C++
• Solid understanding of multi-threaded programming
• Strong 3D skills and low-level engine experience
• UE 3 or 4 experience a plus
• Effective communicator in a team-oriented
• Passionate about game development and games
• 3+ years of professional game programming experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent work
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.