Engine programmer [Snowdrop]
10 days ago
Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As an Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining low-level systems and overall architecture, implementing, extending, and maintaining the various systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As an Engine programmer you will be part of a very committed R&D team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in collaboration with other programmers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performant standard. You will be working on multiple platforms and in areas such as memory management, loading, streaming, physics, audio, platform specific systems, etc.
Your daily life
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing engine systems
- Determine and help maintain CPU performance and memory budgets across code disciplines and platforms;
- Analyze and support the data pipelines, ensuring that they are efficient and work reliably;
- Create and maintain systems to minimize impact of loading on players;
- Create and maintain consistency of engine framework to support clear APIs and consistent separation of modules;
- Diagnose and repair the most complex bugs, including creating systems to help in debugging;
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (programmers and people from other tasks) to understand how the new systems, APIs and engine functions work
What you bring to the team
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Excellent understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations);
- Strong understanding of software development processes;
- Good understanding of Software Engineering principles, e.g. Object Oriented programming, etc.
- Excellent understanding of CPU bottlenecks;
- Strong 3D math;
- Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
- Problem solving skills;
- Excellent debugging skills;
- Driven by complex challenges;
- Strong communicator;
- Team player;
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.