Engine programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
8 days ago
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for an Engine programmer (M/F) to join a team in charge of developing an AAA game and participate in the upcoming Ubisoft blockbuster.
As the Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining low-level systems and overall architecture. You will be working on multiple platforms and in areas such as memory management, loading, streaming, physics, audio, platform specific systems, etc.
The main and routine tasks of the Engine Programmer are to:
• Analyze and understand the requirements of the game teams in order to define the required functionalities and engine systems that must be developed to support them;
• Analyze existing engine systems and determine if they meet project requirements. If necessary, define how to adapt them or replace them to better meet game requirements;
• Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators/artists to examine the constraints of the existing engine;
• Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators/artists to agree on memory and performance budgets for content;
• Determine and help maintain CPU performance and memory budgets across code disciplines and platforms;
• Analyze and support the data pipelines, ensuring that they are efficient and work reliably;
• Measure and track the in-game loading processes to ensure high efficiency. Create and maintain systems to minimize impact of loading on players;
• Create and maintain consistency of engine framework to support clear APIs and consistent separation of modules;
• Diagnose and repair the most complex bugs, including creating systems to help in debugging;
• Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (programmers and people from other tasks) to understand how the new systems, APIs and engine functions work
Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training or experience.
• Minimum 2+ years’ of experience in low-level programming using C/C++
• Game industry experience is preferred;
• Experience using one or more commercial game engines;
• Experience of refactoring and optimization.
• Experience with multiplatform programming;
• Multithreading experience;
• Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming and debugging;
• Excellent understanding of performance sensitive programming (algorithmic and low level optimizations);
• Strong understanding of software development processes;
• Good understanding of Software Engineering principles, e.g. Object Oriented programming, etc.
• Excellent understanding of CPU bottlenecks;
• Strong 3D math;
• Strong understanding of multithreaded/parallel programming;
• Problem solving skills;
• Excellent debugging skills;
• Driven by complex challenges;
• Strong communicator;
• Team player;
• Flexible and able to adapt to changes
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!