Senior Software Engineer - Game Engine/Tools
San Diego, California, United States
4 months ago
Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
A highly motivated and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team here at Daybreak Games in San Diego. This individual will be instrumental in improving and adding to the engine and tools PlanetSide® 2 is built on.
- Write and test solid, reliable, and efficient code for an online multi-player game
- Implement a variety of engine level features to improve the PlanetSide® 2 experience
- Analyze existing systems for performance and usability optimizations
- Work with artists and designers to improve workflows
- Improve stability and quality of existing systems
- 3+ years experience as a Game Engine Programmer working in C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of multithreaded programming
- Excellent knowledge of multiplayer game development
- Profiling packages and techniques such as RenderDoc, Telemetry
- Excellent and effective problem solving and time management skills
- Effective verbal communication and written skills
- Creative, self-driven with a strong work ethic
- Experience in Graphics programming
- Demonstrable 3D Math skills
- Experience in AAA game development
- Experience in Client/Server environment related to game architecture
- A Passion for making and playing games
- Familiarity with Perforce or other version control programs
- Familiarity with the PlanetSide® Franchise
About Daybreak San Diego and Rogue Planet Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
*Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*