13 days ago
As our Engine Programmer, you are versatile and highly motivated to innovate, bursting with ideas for new game development technology. You understand what is necessary to define required functionalities and engine systems to support teams. You thrive off the opportunity to create new low-level systems that enable our game creators to build larger, more immersive open worlds.
- Analyze and understand the requirements of content creators to design new engine systems
- Adapt or replace game engine systems to enhance the efficiency of game development
- Propose new systems and architecture to drive innovation in our game engines
- Analyze innovations and features from external tools and other Ubisoft pipelines to determine where they can be applied to our own pipelines
- Analyze and maintain CPU and loading performance by optimizing algorithms to ensure high efficiency
- Diagnose and repair the most complex defects, including creating systems to help in debugging
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
You as a person
You are driven by the challenge - you love R&D and learning the latest technologies. You are eager to learn from your peers and are receptive to their feedback. You believe in team ownership of what you craft and will be working with your colleagues to share ideas and solve complex problems. Besides the above we are looking for someone aligned with our studio’s core values and the following skills and experience:
- Software programming experience
- Professional experience working with low-level programming using C++
- Experience with programming and debugging of complex applications
- Proficiency in multi-threading, performance and optimization techniques
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful.
- A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina . While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more .