8 days ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Funcom is looking for a talented and Versatile Engine Programmer to work on our upcoming games including Dune.
Your mission in Funcom:
As part of our core technology team, you will design, write and optimize engine features, working closely the rest of the team as well as the game programmers and designers.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Develop, debug or optimize engine-level systems in C++ in Unreal engine, as well as new platform support, networking, or world streaming.
- Develop, optimize or automate development processes such as finding more efficient ways to build the project.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a large scale production framework for data oriented programming (ECS based)
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various engine systems.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 2+ years related experience.
- Strong C++ skills, ideally including experience working in multithreaded and memory-constrained environments.
- Familiarity with 1 or more engine areas (multiplayer / physics / networking / UE editor extensions / performance profiling)
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/ trigonometry.
In addition, the perfect candidate has:
- Experience working with UE4
- Experience working with console
- Experience working on one or more released titles.
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world. Funcom is an international and varied environment in which people have one thing in common – their love for making and playing video games.
Located in central downtown Oslo, the studio is situated in a modern office building surrounded by a cozy area with lots of sights, restaurants, and cafés.
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to the gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.