Engine Programmer, UEFN
5 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Collaborating with the Fortnite Team, you’ll be working on the entire technology stack behind Unreal Editor for Fortnite, empowering those creators to build bigger and better experiences while pushing the boundaries of the state of the art in dynamic content authoring and delivery.
You’ll be involved in all aspects of the end-to-end system, from building new features to optimizing and stabilizing the platform. Your work will directly impact the creativity and productivity of the Fortnite creator community while also feeding into the long-term technology goals of the Unreal Engine.
Most importantly, you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the world's most popular and engaging gaming experiences!
In this role, you will
- Design and implement new engine runtime features for Fortnite, and the Unreal Engine itself
- Design and implement APIs and supporting tools as required by the demands of the project.
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole project
What we're looking for
- Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or real time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4 or UE5 would be nice to have.
- Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$133,127 — $195,253 USD
California Base Pay Range
$117,152 — $171,822 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$111,827 — $164,012 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.