Engine Programmer (Gameplay) Internship
Cary, NC United States of America
15 days ago
Epic Games Unreal Engine Gameplay Team is looking for a smart, creative Programmer Intern to join them for summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
We focus on providing game programmers and designers a clean, fast and scalable gameplay framework and the means to interact with it through C++, Blueprints, or other scripting solutions. We work with game programmers and designers from internal game teams, engine licensees, and the community to rethink existing systems and create new features.
- Working closely with the Engine team on anything from investigating and fixing bugs to working with Game Designers on performance, hero, and game systems
- Improving the gameplay framework of Unreal Engine 4
- Supporting Epic product releases
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Work samples required (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in game development
- Basic understanding of gameplay in a game engine: core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 preferred
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.