Engine Programmer, Fortnite Download Management
9 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Engineers at Epic build the tools and technology that power Fortnite and Unreal Engine. We work hand in hand with our peers in art and design to ambitiously innovate at the intersection of games and entertainment.
What you'll do
As part of the Fortnite Team, you’ll be working on download management and storage optimization of data retrieved from the cloud. Your work will be part of an ambitious new project to deliver daily new experiences to millions of Fortnite users on all platforms.
Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
- Design and implement engine features that relate to download management and storage of cloud data.
- Create and support storage related APIs for gameplay and UI teams to use.
- Think outside the box to optimize file formats, intermediate data, references, dependencies and platform APIs to improve download performance.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to deliver a great user experience when downloading content in Fortnite.
What we’re looking for
- Good experience with modern C++ - lambdas, shared_ptr, move semantics, and typed enums are all common in our code.
- Experience working on game or game engine systems that relate to creation, management, or downloading of game data.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to explain and discuss trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine and game to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.