10 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games , crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, or running cloud infrastructure for hundreds of millions of Fortnite players, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development, and now on the cloud too.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
The mission of the Unreal Cloud Services team is to help create the ultimate suite of content creation tools with native support for collaboration and cloud. We believe that the future of content creation is made of small, connected virtual teams coming together for projects that utilise tools to considerably simplify the process of creating high-quality content.
What you’ll do
As an engine programmer in Unreal Cloud Services, you will work on the UE codebase to optimize performance on cloud hardware, integrate cloud technologies like pixel streaming and help teams building UE-based apps so they fully support running inside a cloud infrastructure.
- 8+ years of work experience minimum
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Strong understanding of multithreaded systems and parallel / distributed architectures
- Broad knowledge of modern game engines architecture and technologies
- Experience working on the rendering sub-system of game engines
- Excellent C++ programming abilities
- Solid knowledge of profiling and optimization tools
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- BA in CS or equivalent
- Has worked in a fast-paced and autonomous environment like a startup
- Proficiency in one or more key game development disciplines such as physics, A.I., rendering, animation, networking, tools, core technologies
- Hands-on experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience with web services and APIs
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.