Engagement Manager, Worldwide Studios
San Mateo, CA, United States
14 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Who we are:
The SIE Worldwide Studios (WWS) division is a network of the best development studios in the business, supported by talented technology and creative teams, all with a common goal: to make the best games we can.
What you will be doing:
The Engagement Manager will be working within the Worldwide Studios division; responsible for planning and aligning internal communications and events across a network of development Studios and cross-functional teams. Worldwide Studios (WWS) is a complex organization with dozens of teams and thousands of people, located across three continents. As the WWS Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that all teams know and understand what is happening across that network, as well as throughout the SIE organization.
The role will entail:
- Manage the liaison between WWS staff and Management
- Establish and maintain two-way channels and robust feedback loops to ensure WWS employees are heard
- Company culture, integration with key SIE businesses, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and strategic planning
- Ownership of the WWS internal communications process – working across the global community of WWS teams to share news and information through SIE channels
- Leading Leadership outreach and announcements
- Creating a calendar of WWS editorial content and updates
- Ensuring that internal communications are clear and have all required input and approval
- Management of the WWS internal events calendar
- Studio visits and Leadership Townhalls
- Internal conferences
- Steering committees and governance meetings
- Alignment of WWS internal communications with the SIE HR, Corporate Communication and PR teams
- Drive communication goals and channel strategy - which may include project approvals, crisis escalations, spokesperson strategies, and internal messaging rollout
Job Requirements for a Successful Candidate
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a related field
- 5+ years of proven experience in communications or events management at a large company, preferably within the entertainment industry
You will need to convince us that you:
- Possess clear, accurate communications skills – both written and verbal
- Understand how complex organizations interact and communicate
- Can plan ahead, maintaining organized and detailed schedules and calendars with multiple moving parts
- Have outstanding partner management instincts; able to build consensus and alignment
- Are motivated and adaptable; a writer, project manager and critical/creative problem solver
- Can plan, lead, execute, measure, and improve programs
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.