This job might no longer be available.
Encounter Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
9 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Encounter Designer - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
Encounter Designers are responsible for the ongoing development of high-quality raid and dungeon content in World of Warcraft. This includes creative design, technical implementation, and careful attention to details such as balance and polish. The ideal candidate will have proven design experience, outstanding people skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, a keen eye for aesthetics, boundless creativity, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- A minimum of 3 years of game development experience, including midlevel or senior experience on a shipped product
- A minimum of 2 years of content creation experience (encounter design, level design, or other)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Experience playing through many dungeons or raid encounters
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Warcraft Universe and Lore
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.