Encounter Designer - Star Wars: The Old Republic
13 days ago
BioWare creates games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters and vast worlds. It operates primarily out of Edmonton (Alberta, CAN) and Austin (Texas, USA) creating some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles since 1995. The studio is working on future game experiences for the Mass Effect™ franchise, one of the highest rated video game series of all time, and the Dragon Age™ franchise, whose latest entry was the 2014 Game of the Year. We are also working on announced projects Star Wars™ The Old Republic™, a story-driven massively multiplayer online game, and Anthem™, a co-operative Action-RPG set in a new and mysterious world.
- You will:
- Design exciting encounters in Star Wars: The Old Republic, working with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development.
- Create clear design documentation.
- Implement design feedback from all relevant sources.
- Provide and receive input to your own and your peers' work.
- Collaborate with the team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, find solutions, and share experience.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices to develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 2 Years experience in systems design and game design
- Experience developing complex multiplayer combat encounters.
- Familiarity with level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Proficiency balancing encounters, and familiarity with Excel.
- Create and facilitate interesting and original ideas.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Experience with current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of current MMORPG genre trends.
- Constructively critique the content of peers in a group environment, and receive the same constructive critique.
- A passion for gaming!