13 days ago
Job Title:Employment Counsel
Job Title: Employment Counsel
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
We are looking for a self-motivated employment lawyer and team player to join our International Legal team, which broadly covers, from an employment perspective, the legal work for Activision Blizzard and King outside of North America.
This role requires you to partner closely with the wider HR team and business. Your primary responsibility will be to provide pragmatic advice & counsel in a timely & responsive manner on a broad range of employment law issues including hiring, benefits, employment contracts, employee relations, performance management, discipline, leaves of absence, immigration.
Other responsibilities will include working with the employment team on the following:
- Providing business-oriented and people-focused legal advice and support for our HR, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Development and Talent Acquisition teams on a wide range of employment, compliance and regulatory matters
- Contributing to other initiatives as part of the global Compliance/Ethics team and partnering with other team members on global projects.
- Developing, improving, & implementing policies, plans, & practices
- Driving & supporting designated projects & workplace initiatives
- Developing & delivering training programs
- Managing all aspects of any employment litigation
- Support for people-focused global initiatives
- Developing action plans to address corporate compliance obligations and partnering with relevant areas of the business to achieve implementation
The workload is diverse and demanding due to the requirements of the business and the market sectors in which the group operates.
Through your advice and guidance, you must also demonstrate a clear awareness for/appreciation of the culture and values of the organisation as well as the importance of employee engagement.
- Strong academic record and honours degree (or equivalent) and qualification in law / practising certificate from any country in the EU
- NQ-5 PQE qualified in private practice with a leading law firm. In-house experience is an advantage.
- Strong background in employment law and employee relations in any EU country
- Able to identify and balance legal & business interests effectively
- Proactive and organized with an ability support multiple matters simultaneously, prioritize work effectively, & provide timely solutions in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Strong initiative, analytical skills, & sound legal, ethical & business judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); able to build relationships and work collaboratively with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Committed professional
- Sense of humour
- Willing to travel abroad
- Additional European languages an advantage
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com .
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.