Employee Relations Specialist
15 days ago
Job Title:Employee Relations Specialist
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment. Supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This role is offered on a hybrid- working basis, meaning there will be a split of being based at our office and also work from home.
As a part of the growing “centre of expertise” Employee Relations team, you will support ER work across all Activision Blizzard Entertainment and King entities in EMEA (e.g., UK, Ireland, Poland, Sweden, Germany, Spain).
Through handling of critical employee relations issues that are crisis- oriented and time critical, acting as a challenger of current practices you will elevate the care and attention that we provide our employees. You will work in close partnership with our HR and Law department to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimising risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.
Priorities can often change in an evolving environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Conduct reviews and investigations on sensitive workplace issues and employee relations matters.
- Independently manage end to end employee relations casework, including but not limited to, disciplinary and grievance, long term sick leave, absence management and performance management.
- Facilitate trainings to build employee relations abilities among HR community and people managers.
- Coach and influence HR Business Partners on interventions required for individuals, managers, and/or teams on preventing employee relations risks, effective management of performance cases, giving performance feedback, and increasing employee engagement.
- Various ER/HR project work, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of directly applicable HR and Employee Relations experience handling complex casework.
- Experience thriving in an exciting and ambiguous environment with evolving priorities and are comfortable taking the initiative to challenge assumptions, identify issues, and work to resolve complex matters, taking the necessary actions to properly remediate issues and implement preventative solution-based strategies.
- Sound judgement and decision making with the highest level of integrity and a proven track record to gain trust from all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of UK and/or Ireland employment law and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues. Knowledge of other EMEA employment laws and regulation preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders, employees, and HR peers to ensure effective team collaboration and an enhanced employee experience.
- Experience and ability to distill complex information into well-organised and polished written investigation reports and summaries.
- Convey empathy and cultivate strong relationships while handling sensitive situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Proven commitment to inclusion.
- Excitement to continue to build Employee Relations COE and participate in growth efforts as well as enthusiasm for working in a hybrid manner in a dynamic and energized office setting.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.