Employee Relations Specialist
19 days ago
Job Title:Employee Relations Specialist
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_ AB .
As a part of the newly formed “center of expertise” Employee Relations team, you will serve as a key driver in facilitating the transformation of our ER work through your handling of critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and time sensitive and acting as a challenger of current practices to elevate the care and attention that we provide our employees. You will work in close partnership with HR and Legal teams to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following accountabilities:
- Lead sensitive investigations on policy violations and employee relations matters
- Partner with Activision Blizzard’s Legal department to resolve conflicts and effectively execute solutions on compliance and employee relations topics
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3+ years combined years of directly applicable HR and Employee Relations experience, including prior HR Generalist experience
- Highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of US & Canada employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risks and issues
- Exercises sound judgment, while balancing acting with a sense of urgency and need for attention to detail
- Coaches and influences all levels of employees and successfully delivers difficult messages
- Maintains composure in a fast-paced, fluid environment and successfully navigates ambiguity to build consensus and achieve resolutions
- Conveys empathy and cultivates strong relationships while managing sensitive situations
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion
- Excitement to build Employee Relations COE and participate in foundational efforts
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.