Employee Relations Policy & Training Manager
10 days ago
Job Title:Employee Relations Policy & Training Manager
Job Title: Employee Relations Policy and Training Manager – Activision Blizzard
Reporting To: VP, Employees Relations
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, California
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As our Employee Relations (ER) Policy and Training Manager you will report directly to the VP, Employee Relations, accountable for ER across Activision Blizzard. The Policy and Training Manager role will own the central repository of all our policies and train HR Business partner, employees and managers on the content. You will work in close partnership with HR, Compliance and Legal teams to drive consistent ER processes across the organization while minimizing risk and ensuring a positive ethical workplace.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance about relevant company policy through presentations and training
- Create tools and templates that equip managers on appropriately handling various types of employee misconduct
- Provide business leadership guidance on policy and legal compliance, such as FMLA, corrective action, layoffs, performance appraisals, and more
- Ensure alignment and consistency in enforcement of policies and procedures across Business Units
- With input from the Employee Relations Manager and other leaders from HR, Compliance, and Legal, continually refine ER policies and training programs
- 5+ combined years of applicable HR and ER experience
- Highest level of integrity with a proven ability to gain trust from all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of USA (Canada is a plus) employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot and resolve employment risks and issues
- Exercises sound judgment, while balancing acting with a sense of urgency and need for exceptional attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to influence employee populations and successfully deliver trainings and materials to line-managers
- Ability to drive outcomes independently and with limited supervision
- Conveys empathy and cultivates strong relationships while managing sensitive situations
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion
- Excitement to build ER COE and participate in foundational efforts
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.