Employee Experience Manager
14 days ago
The Employee Experience Manager provides an experience to all the employees of Discord from the moment they join us through their entire employee journey. You will help cultivate a culture that strengthens our employee experiences throughout the organization. It's an exciting time to join this team as we build the infrastructure and foundation of Employee Experience to meet a growing, geographically distributed workforce. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, you will be part of the People & Talent team whose mission is to cultivate a remarkable workplace where people are motivated and inspired to do great work.
What you'll be doing
- Design programs: Design, iterate, and launch programs by identifying needs, securing resources, and prioritizing work. This will include project planning and execution, communication, and coordination
- Creation and project management of Game Nights and parties
- Evolution and leadership of Discord's Anniversary program
- Manage employee recognition program
- Memorialize ongoing moments of celebration through in-person, remote and surprise box experiences
- Design and run experiences that cultivate a vibrant and diverse workplace environment that attracts and retains talent
- Be an internal ambassador for our culture and core values and build a genuine connection across all employees
- Use data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of employee experience programs and provide recommendations to improve future strategies
- Implement leading practices to position Discord as a recognizable employer of choice through employer awards and review sites
- Work with internal partners in Brand, Community, People, Workplace and Communications
- Partner with Social Justice squad and Employee Resource Groups to identify and program moments of education, support and celebration.
- Bring best practice expertise and ideas to strengthen and improve employee programs
- In partnership with our Head of Inclusion and Diversity lead, provide support to our Employee Resource Groups
What you should have
- 5+ years of experience developing employee experience programs, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth technology environment
- You have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing culture and employee experience for a hybrid workforce, delivering creative solutions to engage a distributed workforce
- Create a story that informs the employee experiences you design, and the details that turn the plan into reality.
- Experience excelling in an environment where tactical and strategic activities operate in parallel, implementing ideas from ideation to measurement/evaluation
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills, and flourish in an environment where you work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience supporting a diverse global organization, with insight and sensitivity to cultural influences
- People are your obsession. You are creative, strategic, and have a passion for delivering meaningful, memorable experiences
- You thrive on challenging the status quo, re-imagining the employee experience, and unlocking endless possibilities
- You have a knack for being in tune with the employee sentiment and vibe. You are intuitive, empathetic, and lead with compassion and courage
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.